Regenesys Institute of Management conducts workshops on Indian Accounting Standards (IND AS) to provide insights on the various accounting standards. A sound understanding of the IND AS ensures that standard accounting policies and practices are followed in a company. This makes the financial statements of companies comparable and reliable.
The key takeaways from the workshop would be:
- Detailed understanding of the road map and IND AS with practical case studies and implementation challenges
- Specific coverage of complex topics, such as financial instruments, business combinations, embedded leases and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Planned transition to Ind AS, to enable participants to choose the most appropriate exemptions relevant to their organisations (Ind AS 101)
- An overview of the required changes and practical solutions for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/IT infrastructure (such as SAP/ Oracle*, etc.)
- Sector-specific practical insights including global practices and industry nuances.
- The differences, impacts and implications of the Companies Act, 2013/ICDS/IndAS/IFRS
- Understanding the potential impact on key ratios and key performance indicators, which need to be communicated to investors/stakeholders
Programme details – Topics that will be covered
- Fair value measurements
- Revenue recognition
- Business combination
- Financial instruments
- Income tax
- Property, plant and equipment
- First-time adoption
- ICDS, Companies Act, 2013 and latest regulatory developments
- Difference between IFRS, Ind AS, ICDS and old AS
- Live group instruction in a workshop format, cases, examples, group work, open discussions
- Review of the rationale and objective for IAS standards
- Description and explanation of IFRS technical requirements in clear and simple language
- Use of case studies, exercises, interpretations, and real-world financial statements to illustrate practical application of the standards
- Question and answer session
- All participants receive a comprehensive binder containing copies of the presentation slides, handouts and other course materials.
Who should attend?
- Chief Accountants
- Group Finance Directors
- Heads of Finance Department
- Finance Managers
- Financial Controllers
- CFOs, Finance Directors
- Management Accountants
- Executive Directors of Finance
- CA, CS, CMA, CPA, CW
- Heads of Accounting and Administration
All participants will be awarded a personalised Regenesys certificate of participation.